Graham White & Co. Solicitors
94 High Street
Sole Practitioner: Charles Gray
My complaints policy
I am committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all my clients. When something goes wrong I need you to tell me about it. This will help me to maintain and improve my standards.
My complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, please write to me with the details.
What will happen next?
- I will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details. I will also let you know who will be dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive my letter within 5 days of me receiving your complaint.
- I will record your complaint in my central register and open a file for your will do this within a day of receiving your complaint.
- I will acknowledge your reply and confirm what will happen You can expect to hear from me within 3 days of your reply.
- I will then start to investigate your complaint. This may involve one or more of the following steps:-
- If I acted for you, I will consider your complaint I will then send you my detailed reply or invite you to a meeting to discuss the matter. I will do this within 10 working days.
- If someone else acted for you, I will ask them to give me their reply to your complaint within 5 days. I will do this within a day.
- I will then examine their reply and the information in your complaint file. I may also speak to the person who acted for you. I will do this within 3 days of receiving their reply and the file.
- I will ask another independent local solicitor to investigate your complaint and report to me. I will do this within 3 days.
- I will then write inviting you to meet me and discuss and hopefully resolve your I will do this within 3 days.
- Within 2 days of the meeting I will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions I have agreed with you.
If you do not want a meeting I will write to you to confirm or if it is not possible, I will send you a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include my suggestions for resolving the matter. I will do this within 5 days of completing my investigation.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you can write to me again. I will then arrange to review my decision. This may happen in one of the following ways:-
- I will review the decision myself within 5 days;
- I will arrange for someone who is not connected with the complaint to review my decisi I will do this within 10 days;
- I will ask my local Law Society or another local firm of solicitors to review your complaint within 10 days. I will let you know how long this process will take;
- I will invite you to independent mediation within 5 days. I will let you know how long this will take.
- I will let you know the result of the review within 5 days of the end of the review. At this time I will write to you confirming my final position on your complaint and explaining my reasons. I will also give you the name and address of the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority. If you are not satisfied, you can contact them about your complaint, and they will assist you.
If you are not satisfied as to how we have dealt with your complaint you may refer it to the Legal Ombudsman.
If I have to change the timescales above, I will let you know and explain why.
Graham White & Company